[arch-general] Strange isse with my arch usb install

kendell clark coffeekingms at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 01:05:35 EST 2013

HI all
i've just completed a fresh install of arch on a new pendrive I just bought.
The install went smoothly, until I try to access the internet. I setup
net-auto-wireless with my home wireless network, and netcfg returns with
this error. No such interface: wlan0. Checking dmesg with "dmesg | grep
-i wlan0" yields the following. Systemd-udevd: renaming network
interface wlan0 to wlo2

This has never happened to me before, so I tried my ethernet port. That
failed too, no internet connection. Dmesg again reveals: systemd-udevd:
renaming network interface eth0 to enps0." This usb drive is fully
updated as of 12:15 a.m jan 21, 2013, stable, no testing repos enabled,
multilib enabled. I'm using kernel v3.6.11. I've run into this situation
before and I've managed to resolve it by installing nss-myhostname.
However, that was when I tried to install from my main hdd, which has
testing repos enabled to my usb drive without enabling testing repos.
That caused conflicts with a newer kernel, v3.7.2 and systemd 197-4,
which conflicted with nss-myhostname. I tried to do the same today, only
to find out that systemd seems to contain nss-myhostname, because pacman
-S nss-myhostname tries to pull in systemd itself. I'm completely
stumped. Googling around doesn't seem to turn up any results, My search
term was, udev renames wlan0 to wlo2. Any help would really be
appreciated. I'm trying to create a usb drive to use as a diagnostic
distro for my fiance's windows computer, virus scanning, password
recovery, etc.
Thanks
Kendell clark