[arch-general] broken system after today upgrade

arnaud gaboury arnaud.gaboury at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 05:10:17 EST 2013

On Jan 23, 2013 5:20 AM, "Martín Cigorraga" <msx at archlinux.us> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 12:26 AM, Jameson <imntreal at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Jan 22, 2013 9:40 PM, "arnaud gaboury" <arnaud.gaboury at gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Thank you for help as my box is my working tool
> >

> O_o
> You should'n do that, you know...
>
> As Jameson said, what are the logs?
> I didn't fully understand if you can or you cannot access your system
after
> downgrading. If so please check your journal's log:
> # journalctl
> Also a dmesg could be useful.

Good morning  guys,

Let me clarify a few things.
1- I didn't correctly understand the post from Allan about toolchain, thus
my brocken update when #pacman - S filesystem
2- As a newbye,  I usually pay lots attention to upgrades and this is my
first serious issue. It was late and was totally under heavy stress. This
lead me to some mistakes I realized this morning.
3-on Archiso,  I mounted the wrong /usr (/dev/sdb4 when 3 was correct) + i
didn't correctly #pacman - r with /mnt as target. So no surprise my system
is borke.
4- back to Archiso this morning, I still can't #pacman - Syu filesystem
glibc - r /mnt. Error: /mnt/usr/lib64 exist in filesystem.

What am I supposed to do now?

Thank you