[arch-general] broken system after today upgrade

arnaud gaboury arnaud.gaboury at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 08:07:46 EST 2013

On Jan 23, 2013 12:04 PM, "Paul Gideon Dann" <pdgiddie at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday 23 Jan 2013 10:10:17 arnaud gaboury wrote:
> > Good morning  guys,
> >
> > Let me clarify a few things.
> > 1- I didn't correctly understand the post from Allan about toolchain,
thus
> > my brocken update when #pacman - S filesystem
> > 2- As a newbye,  I usually pay lots attention to upgrades and this is my
> > first serious issue. It was late and was totally under heavy stress.
This
> > lead me to some mistakes I realized this morning.
> > 3-on Archiso,  I mounted the wrong /usr (/dev/sdb4 when 3 was correct)
+ i
> > didn't correctly #pacman - r with /mnt as target. So no surprise my
system
> > is borke.
> > 4- back to Archiso this morning, I still can't #pacman - Syu filesystem
> > glibc - r /mnt. Error: /mnt/usr/lib64 exist in filesystem.
> >
> > What am I supposed to do now?
>
> If you're really stuck, you can always create an empty directory, and
extract
> the glibc package into it, and manually update the files from there.
 There's
> probably an easier way, though.
>
> Some first thoughts: have you found out what is in the existing
> /mnt/usr/lib64?  Is it a symlink, or a real directory?  What package owns
the
> files that are in there?
>
> Paul

I finally managed to finish the upgrade on Archiso by removing
/mnt/usr/lib64 after I checked #pacman - Qo for each file/symlink. They all
were not owned by any package.
Now booting to my system still give me a Kernel panic. Not syncing No init
found. Same when using fallback.
It sounds to me my initramfa is broken.

How shall I fix this issue?