[arch-general] broken system after today upgrade

Paul Gideon Dann pdgiddie at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 05:37:55 EST 2013

On Thursday 24 Jan 2013 10:21:12 arnaud gaboury wrote:
> I am always scare each time I run #pacman -Syu, as I know it could be
> tricky. I usually pay very much attention, and this particular upgrade was
> my first real issue leaving me with a broken system.
> I may think breaking/fixing our system is the only way we learn.

I'm pretty confident I could tackle breakage, but I still avoid [testing]
because I use my system for work, and troubleshooting these problems will
usually take time that I can't justify.  Breakage in the stable repositories
is pretty rare, but manual intervention is required often enough that you
gradually build skills and understanding, so you don't miss out on the
learning experience.  It sounds to me like it would be best for you to avoid
[testing] until you feel more confident

Paul