[arch-general] Steam License

Lone_Wolf lonewolf at xs4all.nl
Thu Jan 31 10:01:18 EST 2013

https://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-dev-public/2013-January/024354.html

In that thread on arch-dev-public, the license from valve for the steam
client is discussed.
Sofar noone mentioned section C4, export controls.

4.         Export Controls. The Program may not be re-exported, downloaded
or otherwise
    exported into (or to a national or resident of) any country to which
the U.S. has embargoed
    goods, or to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department’s list of
Specially Designated Nationals
    or the U.S.  Commerce Department’s Table of Denial Orders.  By
installing the Program, you
    are agreeing to the foregoing and you are representing and warranting
that you are not
    located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any
such country or on any
    such list.

IANAL, but I very much doubt that if steam is put in the repos we can be
sure arch doesn't violate this clause.

LW