[arch-general] Arch Linux on servers?

Genes Lists lists at sapience.com
Wed Jul 10 07:17:51 EDT 2013

  I have run Redhat, Fedora and Arch servers. HAnds down arch wins for a
server setup.

  Change happens - always. Wigth Arch the changes are fed to me in small
chunks - I get to deal with one change at a time (e.g. changing to
systemd) Any given change might be smaller or larger but with Arch I can
focus on dealing with that single change.

  With non-rolling releases, every couple of years (or 6 - 9 months for
Fedora) I have to do a fresh install containing all the changes.

  Rolling release model is far superior - and as others have pointed out
Arch stays close to upstream and you can keep your systems current which
of course means fewer exploit opportunities for the bad guys.

  gene