[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] gcc 4.8 breaking libdrm for me

Daniel Micay danielmicay at gmail.com
Sat Jul 13 04:23:11 EDT 2013

On Sat, Jul 13, 2013 at 1:21 AM, Andreas Radke <andyrtr at archlinux.org> wrote:
> I've built libdrm now with CLANG compiler and so far also no problems.
> Clean dmesg, no hangs and no glitches over Firefox tabs.
>
> I suggest to push a "fixed" package built with clang to testing and
>
> Opinions?
>
> -Andy

Sounds fine to me, we have two production C/C++ compilers in the
repositories so there's no need to be blocked by bugs in one.

Bisecting gcc and identifying the commit causing the regression would
be easier, but also a *huge* time waster :). Comparing the assembly
doesn't sound worth doing, if you can't get a nice stack trace to
narrow down the problem code.