[arch-general] Wrapper for yaourt and pacman

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sat Jul 13 20:07:32 EDT 2013

Thank you Gaetan, thank you William,

currently I have to manage 62 AUR packages, so using pacman only doesn't
provide what I need. I noticed that yaourt is a script, so I could take
a look at it, learn and include what I need to a wrapper for pacman, but
I don't like to do it that way.

You seem to have reasons not to like yaourt that much. Is one of the
other helpers listed at https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/AUR_Helpers
better?

FWIW I want to have a cache for AUR packages, like there is for the
official packages in /var/cache/pacman/pkg, linux-rt packages should be
stored to another directory.

I want to install linux and linux-rt headers first, because I need VBox
modules.

I want to add a history of what I've done when using pacman (and what
I've done using something to manage AUR packages, e.g. yaourt).

That's all, perhaps an app already does provide this?

Regards,
Ralf