[arch-general] Wrapper for yaourt and pacman

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Mon Jul 15 05:49:15 EDT 2013

On Mon, 2013-07-15 at 00:13 -0300, Rafael Ferreira wrote:
> To make PKGDEST work, set it in /etc/makepkg.conf and also change
> /etc/yaourtrc in the following lines to what you want:
>
> # Build
> #EXPORT=0           # Export to 1: EXPORTDIR or PKGDEST
>                      # 2: pacman cache (as root)
> #EXPORTSRC=0        # Need EXPORT>0 to be used
> #EXPORTDIR=""       # If empty, use makepkg's connfiguration (see
> makepkg.conf)

Thank you Rafael :)

EXPORT=1 does the trick.

Since I still don't know how to get a list of the packages that will be
updated by yaourt -Syua, I'll make a script that runs pacman first, so I
can install linux-headers first if needed.

To be aware, if there was a linux-rt update by AUR, I'll let the script check
the installed version of linux-rt by pacman -Q before and after I run
yaourt -Syua, so if needed I'll let the script install linux-rt a second
time to build modules.

If somebody has got a better idea, that does avoid to install linux-rt
two times, please let me know.

Regards,
Ralf