[arch-general] Why is netcfg again in [base]?

Karol Blazewicz karol.blazewicz at gmail.com
Tue Jul 16 08:23:19 EDT 2013

On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 2:03 PM, Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org> wrote:
> On 16/07/13 21:59, Karol Blazewicz wrote:
>> On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 12:12 PM, A Rojas <nqn1976list at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I thought it was deprecated in favour of netctl. Now it's impossible to
>>> install the base group, since netctl and netcfg are in conflict.
>>>

>> https://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-projects/2013-July/003809.html
>>

> Which does not go anywhere near answering the question...

I'm sorry, but I couldn't access (connection timed out) neither the
git, package websearch, ML archives or Arch homepage at that time, so
the ML link I had bookmarked earlier was the best thing I could do.

Indeed: https://projects.archlinux.org/svntogit/community.git/log/?qt=grep&q=netcfg
https://projects.archlinux.org/svntogit/community.git/commit/?id=e737f11c0a0e424c2cfa5b3cc512f15f9be99a1f