[arch-general] Bringing in alsa-tools

Rashif Ray Rahman schiv at archlinux.org
Tue Jul 16 10:31:41 EDT 2013

Hey folks

I'd like to provide alsa-tools [1] in our repos as it contains some
very useful niche tools for some sound cards (mostly pro audio). It is
presently in the AUR in one form or another. [2]

It comes as one single tarball in terms of sources but the subdirs are
self-contained. I'm leaning on providing a split package that will
result in about 18--20 packages. You can take a look at the current
working package here: http://pkgbuild.com/~schiv/alsa-tools/

There is no specific reason to do this - I just think this would make
users happy. As a single package, all it would do is take up a few MBs
worth of disk space and clutter up graphical application menus.
However, the tools are all for different devices.

Let me know if you have any objections to (i) adding this to [extra],
and/or, (ii) splitting the package like this. CC'ing arch-general if
anyone who uses the stuff wants to comment (advice and suggestions
only).

[1] http://alsa.opensrc.org/Alsa-tools (may not be up-to-date)
[2] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/?K=alsa-tools

--