[arch-general] What dirs are good to put in a tmpfs?

Gaetan Bisson bisson at archlinux.org
Thu Jul 25 04:35:12 EDT 2013

[2013-07-24 21:27:11 -0600] Chris Moline:
> I installed anything-sync-daemon but I have no idea what to sync.

General question: isn't the effect of that software exactly the same
thing as increasing the vm.dirty_expire_centiseconds kernel parameter?

Except maybe in the case of a given application calling sync() all the
time, but then it usually has a good reason to do so (such as the
written data being too important to be in cache during a power cut).

--
Gaetan