[arch-general] Apache PID File not readable

LANGLOIS Olivier PIS -EXT olivier.pis.langlois at transport.alstom.com
Mon Jul 29 14:39:09 EDT 2013

> On Sun, Jul 28, 2013 at 8:03 AM, Stefan Tatschner
> <stefan.tatschner at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I always get this message after restarting apache via systemctl: PID
> > file /run/httpd/httpd.pid not readable (yet?) after start.
>
> What does cat /usr/lib/tmpfiles.d/apache.conf return?
>

> =-Jameson

Wow, this thread has just made me realized that there was a run directory in root dir. I have always though that pid files were supposed to go in /var/run by convention.

I'm probably late in the news but can someone explain rationales behind that?

I'm guessing that it is to avoid problems with /var being a mounted fs and make sure that pidfile dir is always there by putting it in the rootfs.

but then, isn't it a bit awkward considering the recent change to deprecate /bin /lib and /sbin??

CONFIDENTIALITY : This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may be privileged. If you are not a named recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to another person, use it for any purpose or store or copy the information in any medium.