[arch-general] Moving the latest vim to [extra].

Thomas Dziedzic gostrc at gmail.com
Sat Jun 29 17:58:10 EDT 2013

I usually update vim every 50 new patches. But the latest vim has been in
testing for > 300 patches because there have been some major changes
introduced in preparation for 7.4 which have introduced a load of new bugs.

I just updated vim in [testing] to 7.3.1270.
I have been using the latest vim and have found that it is sufficiently bug
free for me for general use.
Please give vim in [testing] a shot and make sure to report any bugs.
Unless there are any major issues, I want to finally move it to [extra]
this wednesday.

The area where you are most likely to experience any issues is when using
the new regexp engine.
If you notice slow syntax highlight or wrong regular expression matching,
make sure to report it and set regexpengine=1 for a temporary workaround to
switch to the old regular expression engine.

Thanks and have a great weekend :)