[arch-general] Kernel panic at boot after hard reset: not syncing. No init found.

Paul Hervot p.hervot at gmail.com
Tue May 7 15:55:28 EDT 2013

On Tue, May 07, 2013 at 09:34:36AM +0200, Rodrigo Rivas wrote:
> Hey, we are getting into it...  the usual reason for this the error "No
> such file or directory" when that file does exist is that the ELF
> interpreter, that is the dynamic loader does not exist. In Arch the dynamic
> loader is /lib/ld-linux.so.2 for 32-bits and /lib/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 for
> 64, and if you look into your initcpio neither of these exist!
>
> The most likely reason for these files not being added to your initramfs is
> that you have lost the "/lib -> usr/lib" symbolic link.
> The interpreter is actually installed as /usr/lib/ld-linux.so.2 but it is
> searched as /lib/ld-linux.so.2.
>
> I don't know why, but I've seen it happen before. This link is in the
> package "filesystem" so reinstalling this one and rebuilding the initramfs
> should solve it. If not, you can create the link yourself:
>
> # ln -s usr/lib /lib

Thanks! That was it.  The installation of filesystem was blocked because
there was one single folder with one single file in /usr/lib64 :
/usr/lib64/kde4/kcm_adobe_flash_player.so I removed it, reinstalled
filesystem and regenerated an initramfs, successfully chrooted into it
and successfully booted.

Probably because of my attempts to fix it, my arch somhow forgot systemd
and was booting with initscripts even though I precised
`init=/usr/lib/systemd/systemd` on the kernel line. Removing initscript
and installing systemd-sysvcompat fixed it, my arch is working fine now,
thank you all for your help!

--
Paul `Dettorer` Hervot (hervot_p)
EPITA 2016