[arch-general] Fully wroking GTK3(+GTK2) theme for Gnome 3.8?

Joaquin Villanova joaquin.villanova.romero at alumnos.upm.es
Sat May 18 06:00:46 EDT 2013

El 18/05/2013, a las 05:12, "Armando M. Baratti" <ambaratti.listas at gmail.com> escribió:

> On 16-05-2013 04:15, Magnus Therning wrote:
>> It seems it's a rather common problem that GTK3 themes partly break
>> Gnome3.8 by preventing having a nice desktop background while letting
>> the file manager draw the background:
>>
>> https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=162204
>> https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=161918
>>
>> I've so far found only two (2!) GTK3 themes that work in this respect,
>> the default theme Adwaita that ships with Gnome3.8 and Nokto3.8
>> (http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php?content=158033).  I'm not
>> particularly pleased with the aesthetics of either of them though.
>>
>> What's causing this behaviour in themes?  (Hopefully it's easy to fix
>> the broken themes I come across.)
>> What other themes have you found that work properly?
>>
>> /M
>>
>> --
>> Magnus Therning                      OpenPGP: 0xAB4DFBA4
>> email: magnus at therning.org   jabber: magnus at therning.org
>> twitter: magthe               http://therning.org/magnus
> Here you can find an interesting article about it:
> http://www.linuxuser.co.uk/news/a-linux-conspiracy-theory
>

> Armando

I think this is just a rant over Gnome by Clem (Linux Mint creator), also I don't want to be unpolite but Mint is just a refried version of Ubuntu that tends to break in most fields.

For me is the same "problem" with arch and its derivatives, they cannot follow upstream. Gnome is nice and Gnome devs are not responsible of 3rd party themes/whatever, i mean of course upstream gnome can have broke things, but is known that sticking with upstream has its pros and cons.