[arch-general] Arch mailing list for subjective discussions

Bardur Arantsson spam at scientician.net
Sun May 19 04:56:29 EDT 2013

On 05/19/2013 10:44 AM, Karol Blazewicz wrote:

>> You still have to actively go to the specific Arch forums to keep up
>> with replies, etc. There's no unified "show me everything new in all the
>> forums I'm a member of" page where I can go to keep up.
>
> You can subscribe to rss feeds of these forums and your rss reader
> will then show you "everything new in all the
> forums I'm a member of".

Good point, but that needs the forum to support it(*) and leads to a
proliferation of RSS feeds. IME feed readers aren't as good as handling
large numbers of subscriptions as news readers, so I always prefer the
NTTP way :).

> You can subscribe to individual threads, so
> you shouldn't miss replies - you'll get an e-mail notification.

IME this is even more annoying -- you usually can't reply directly to
such emails and it's often a multistep process to be able to reply
(requiring login, and so forth).

Regards,