[arch-general] Perl 5.18 in [testing]

Anatol Pomozov anatol.pomozov at gmail.com
Mon May 27 22:43:01 EDT 2013

Hi

On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 1:28 AM, Florian Pritz <bluewind at xinu.at> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Perl 5.18, as any other new perl version, requires all modules that are
> not purely perl code to be rebuilt. We did that for all packages in our
> repos.
>
> For a list of upstream changes please refer to `man perldelta`.
>
> Since users probably installed some from AUR or with
> CPANPLUS::Dist::Arch, I wrote a script[1] that generates a local rebuild
> list.
>
> [1]: http://git.server-speed.net/bin/plain/find-broken-perl-packages.sh
>
>  - raw.txt contains a list of files that generated an error
>  - perl-modules.txt contains a list of modules the files belong to
>  - perl-dists.txt contains a list of distributions
>  - pacman.txt contains a list of pacman packages the files belong to
>
> Binaries linking with libperl.so will also need to be rebuilt. You can
> use lddd from devtools to find those.
>
> Please report any issue you encounter.

I updated my system with "pacman -Suy", it brought perl 5.18 update.

Now one of perl apps that I use crashes. The app uses standard perl
modules, no third-party native modules. Could it be because of the perl
update?

=======
Perl API version v5.16.0 of Net::SSLeay does not match v5.18.0 at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/Net/SSLeay.pm line 370.
Compilation failed in require at
/usr/share/perl5/site_perl/IO/Socket/SSL.pm line 17.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/usr/share/perl5/site_perl/IO/Socket/SSL.pm line 17.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/perl5/site_perl/Net/HTTPS.pm
line 26.
Can't locate Net/SSL.pm in @INC (you may need to install the Net::SSL
module) (@INC contains: /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/share/perl5/site_perl
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl
/usr/lib/perl5/core_perl /usr/share/perl5/core_perl .) at
/usr/share/perl5/site_perl/Net/HTTPS.pm line 30.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/perl5/site_perl/LWP/Protocol/
https.pm line 86.