[arch-general] linux-firmware upgrade altered grub

Anthony Campbell ac at acampbell.org.uk
Thu Nov 7 03:56:28 EST 2013

On 06 Nov 2013, Gaetan Bisson wrote:
> [2013-11-06 08:56:04 +0000] Anthony Campbell:
> > After an upgrade yesterday which I'm pretty sure included linux-firmware
> > I found that boot reversed the order
>
> What do you mean by "pretty sure"? How do you know linux-firmware is to
> blame? This package only modifies files under /usr so it is unlikely
> that it affected your bootloader in any way. Perhaps if you gave us
> facts instead of mere speculation we could actually help...
>
> > and there were some other unwanted
> > effects too.
>
> Feel free to be specific.
>
> --
> Gaetan

I was relying on my memory (affected by a heavy cold) of what had been
upgraded the previous day, before the change in boot order occurred. I
thought that linux-firmware was the most likely source but I accept that
it's unlikely. Sorry for muddying the water.

Anthony Campbell - ac at acampbell.org.uk
http://www.acupuncturecourse.org.uk
http://www.smashwords.com/profile.view/acampbell
https://itunes.apple.com/ca/artist/anthony-campbell/id73235412