[arch-general] apache 2.4

Armin K. krejzi at email.com
Thu Nov 21 07:49:05 EST 2013

On 11/20/2013 05:21 AM, Caleb Cushing wrote:
> I'm just curious as to why we're still on apache-2.2, at one point I think
> I assumed it was a php thing, but php-5.5 got lauched a bit ago and I can
> think of at least one php application I tried to run which wouldn't work on
> it, so that's probably not it.

I've posted few patches back in July for Apache 2.4 enablement, but I
got no attention from JGC at all. Note that php patch isn't correct one
- php 5.5 seems to explicitly need zts enabled using
--enable-maintainer-zts in order to get PHP5 apache module to work with
Apache 2.4.

https://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-general/2013-July/033772.html