[arch-general] vsftpd build option --- why not support tcp_wrappers?

Yi Zheng goodmenzy at gmail.com
Wed Nov 27 22:19:09 EST 2013

Hi, Piotrowski,

   Do you think it is necessary to add native tcp_wrappers support
for VSFTPD? I do not use xinetd, and want restrict FTP accessing
by IP.

   I have checked the current PKGBUILD script, and found currently
no tcp_wrappers support available.

   Do you agree with me ?

>From here, https://security.appspot.com/vsftpd/FAQ.txt
   Q) Help! Does vsftpd support IP-based access control?
   A1) Yes. vsftpd can integrate with tcp_wrappers (if built with this support).
       It is enabled with the setting "tcp_wrappers=YES".
   A2) Yes. vsftpd can be run from xinetd, which supports tcp_wrappers
       integration.