[arch-general] Sorting by subject makes Evolution crash

Leonid Isaev lisaev at umail.iu.edu
Fri Nov 29 13:32:22 EST 2013

On Fri, 29 Nov 2013 18:20:57 +0100
Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> wrote:

> [...]
>
> When everything is ok [1].

When an application crashes, it can't produce a useful info in a log file. You
need to use an external tool like gdb or valgrind.

Of course, gdb backtrace is useful only when debugging symbols are not
stripped, and I'm pretty sure they are in extra/evolution...

> [...]
>
> What can a user do, to _use_ the machine and to troubleshoot? Linux
> isn't my hobby, I'm using Linux as a tool.
> More precise, what should I do to troubleshoot the Evolution bug?

Speaking from my own experience, if you need an email client that just works
(tm), avoid evolution: there are plenty of other similar programs...

> Regards,
> Ralf

Cheers,
--