[arch-general] System-Wide Pulseaudio

Dennis Lange dennis at lumalab.net
Fri Sep 6 13:19:32 EDT 2013

> I may give you some help as I already installed some sound servers for
> Hotels, with numerous outputs and playlists, but what you want is not clear
> to me.

Thanks for taking care!

> I'm not sure to understand :
>
>> I like to run more than one user in more than one X session at the same
>> time and want to hear the audio from all users together.
>
> let's say user1 is connected on session1 with mpd1, user2 on session2 with
> mpd2.
> Is it ok ?
> Then you want to stream the 2 playlists at the same time ?? Sounds weird.
>
> Please precise.

To be 100% precise I am using only one System and in X session 1 I login
as user1 to do more regular stuff like hearing webradio writing mails
doing serious stuff.

In X session 2 I login as user2 for the fun part. Here I compile and
patch my own wine to play some windows games and use Teamspeak to get
the swag out there.

In X session 3 I login as user3 to do the evil secret stuff. Netfilter
is knowing my user3 and does not allow him to talk to the network
because of his brilliant evil genius.

But I want to hear audio from all users and X sessions no matter which
account is the active one. So if I am doing my evil secret stuff, I will
hear webradio and the flame war from Teamspeak.