[arch-general] System-Wide Pulseaudio

Dennis Lange dennis at lumalab.net
Sat Sep 7 16:42:19 EDT 2013

On 07.09.2013 20:58, Damjan wrote:

> did you start/enable the system wide pulseaudio service?
>   # systemctl enable pulseaudio.service
>   # systemctl start pulseaudio.service

No, thanks for pointing this out. Ok i enable and starting
pulseaudio.service but it change nothing on my situation.

# journalctl -b

shows that the PulseAudio Server started without any problem

Sep 07 21:53:36 rore systemd[1]: Started PulseAudio Sound Server.

and if i login with user1 and startx:

Sep 07 21:54:43 rore rtkit-daemon[455]: Successfully made thread 559 of
process 559 (/usr/bin/pulseaudio) owned by '1000' high priority at nice
level -11.

and if I switch to virtual console 2 and login with user2 and startx:

Sep 07 22:26:12 rore rtkit-daemon[455]: Successfully made thread 1075 of
process 1075 (/usr/bin/pulseaudio) owned by '1002' high priority at nice
level -11.

looks like every user get his own pulseaudio process.