[arch-general] System-Wide Pulseaudio

Dennis Lange dennis at lumalab.net
Sat Sep 7 18:40:34 EDT 2013

On 07.09.2013 22:26, arnaud gaboury wrote:

> I would say mpd is not configured as per user, and can't find the playlist.
> You can play radio (sound is working) but no track,
> $ cd /var/lib/mpd
> $ ls -al
> Check permissions

Before I setup global mpd I already setup one per user. The playlist is
not my problem. I am interested in playing multiple audiochannels from
all runnig users and X sessions simultaneously, regardless which X11
session is in foreground or in background. Some of my programs simlpy
use pulseaudio sink and I have no option to say "use this special mpd
player".