[arch-general] systemd start a daemon after the Internet connection is established

Nowaker enwukaer at gmail.com
Mon Sep 16 15:08:59 EDT 2013

>>> When the server is connected to the Internet, this service file can
>>> launch the proxy successfully, but it doesn't work on system startup,
>>> supposedly due to the lack of an connection with Internet access. So I
>>> need systemd to make sure the connect has been established before it
>>> launch this daemon.

> I don't use NetworkManger, so my assumption is that the network-online.target does not exist at all. (Seems that `systemctl list-units` confirms that.)

Try wrapping /srv/proxy/aproxy/bin/main with a script that performs a
ping and runs `main` when the connection is established.

Systemd allows you to override the configuration.[1] If the unit file
you pasted is provided by the package, it surely exists in
/usr/lib/systemd/system/aproxy.service. Just create
/etc/systemd/system/aproxy.service and override ExecStart. This post may
be helpful.[2]

[1]
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/systemd-devel/2013-March/009496.html
[2] https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=1192998#p1192998