[arch-general] Thunderbird unread message count

David Rosenstrauch darose at darose.net
Thu Sep 19 15:35:20 EDT 2013

Having one small issue with the new Thunderbird (v24.0) upgrade.

On one of the IMAP accounts I use, all the mailboxes are set up as
children of Inbox.  Apparently in the new version of Thunderbird, when
I'm looking at "Unread Folders" in that account, the unread message
count displayed is the *total* of all unread messages in every
sub-folder of Inbox.  But when I switch to "All Folders", it displays
the count of unread messages in just the Inbox account alone.  (See
http://www.darose.net/ThunderbirdUnreadMessageCountExpanded.png vs.
http://www.darose.net/ThunderbirdUnreadMessageCountCollapsed.png)

This is definitely new behavior - v17 didn't work like this.  Anyone
know if there's some tweak I can make to the Thunderbird config to get
the old behavior back?

Thanks,

DR