[arch-general] Donate to Arch Linux

Gaetan Bisson bisson at archlinux.org
Mon Sep 23 13:46:53 EDT 2013

[2013-09-23 11:02:42 +0200] Ralf Mardorf:
> 1. Do they care for "Arch Linux" as reference?

You quoted the following bit:

	"When making a donation, please always notify the association at
	donation (at) ffis.de so we can track the transaction properly."

In the email, just tell SPI:

	"The transfer of XXX euros I just did from YYY bank account is
	intended to support Arch Linux development."

And the money will go where you want... You might additionally want to
put "Arch Linux" in the comment field of the wire transfer.

> 2. Will it be anonymous if wanted or is everybody listed as
>    "Past donor" at https://www.archlinux.org/donate/ ?

If you wish the donation to be anonymous, just say so in the email.

> It's very strange to list people who donated, at least if it's unwanted
> by somebody who donated.
>
> If I donate to what ever and I want my friends to donate too, than I
> send a request privately and let my friends know that I donated, but I
> never ever would spend when it would be made public in general. If I
> want to have it public, I'll do it myself.

So first you ask whether donors can be anonymous and, even before
getting an answer, you get carried away assuming that they can't?!?

Most people are proud of sponsoring projects they like, and putting
their names up is a way for the project to thank and acknowledge them
back. If that's not your thing, you just have to say so...

Cheers.

--
Gaetan