[arch-general] Generate /etc/blkid.tab

Timothée Ravier siosm99 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 13:33:41 EDT 2013

On 24/09/2013 11:45, Ricardo Catalinas Jiménez wrote:
> I need to update the content of this file because I modified my
> partition table, but I can't see how googling around.

According to the man page, this file is only generated if your system
doesn't have a /run directory, which would be an odd thing for an Arch
system, or if you have a custom config file for blkid.

Running 'BLKID_FILE=/etc/blkid.tab blkid -c /dev/null' as root should
update it.

> Is this file actually used? How is it generated originally when
> installing its owner package?

According to
https://projects.archlinux.org/svntogit/packages.git/tree/trunk?h=packages/util-linux,
it is not generated at install time.

You may want to have a look at custom packages you have installed that
could rely on this file.

Tim