[arch-general] glibc 2.18-5 question

Gaetan Bisson bisson at archlinux.org
Thu Sep 26 14:53:57 EDT 2013

[2013-09-26 15:15:12 +0000] LANGLOIS Olivier PIS -EXT:
> So, out of curiosity, how big is the threat since I am under the impression that almost 100% if not 100% of Arch binaries uses libc.so

People are free to build static libraries on Arch and use them. There
are probably not many who do that, but that does not mean we should not
care for them.

Some Arch packages even provide static libraries for convenience, such
as gcc and glibc. And unfortunately a few higher-level packages also
provide static libraries because their maintainers did not notice the
waste of space...

--
Gaetan