[arch-general] Two things: TODO-list orphans in [community] and switching over to git

Alexander Rødseth rodseth at gmail.com
Sun Sep 29 11:33:52 EDT 2013

Hi,

--- Orphans ---

In connection with the newly created TODO lists for rebuilds of
packages formerly maintained by people that are no longer involved
with Arch Linux, I wondered if there would be any objections if I
moved the following packages from [community] to AUR: (They are
currently unneeded orphans, ref
https://www.archlinux.org/devel/reports/unneeded-orphans/).

abe
aircrack-ng
archlinux-artwork
archlinux-lxdm-theme
bchunk
bpython
bpython2
cdck
cherrytree
cmus
consonance
ekg
ekg2
fdupes
fssos-nsvs
ginac
gkrellm
gnome-themes-extras
lastfmsubmitd
libcgns2
luarocks
lxinput
lxlauncher
lxmusic
lxshortcut
mpdscribble
obkey
openclonk
openocd
perlbrew
pkgtools
pypy3
python2-basemap
python2-mpi4py
python2-pyproj
python2-virtkey
python-apsw
python-basemap
python-bsddb
python-html5lib
python-mpi4py
python-pyproj
python-virtkey
smokeping
synaptiks
tremulous
v8
vim-buftabs
vobcopy
wqy-microhei-lite
xdelta
xdelta3
zsync

Several, but not all of these, are on the newly created TODO-lists.
All of them are "unneeded orphans"
(https://www.archlinux.org/devel/reports/unneeded-orphans/).

If you wish to adopt one of these, just reply to this email (or adopt
it). Objections to moving them should preferrably also lead to someone
adopting the orphans.

As I gather, we all like git better than svn, for a long list of
reasons. Are there any objections to switching over from svn to git as
repositories for the official packages?

Yes, this can not be done in a heartbeat. The tools and documentation
needs to be updated and the workflow needs to be tested, but are there
objections to starting the transition process?

--
Best regards,
  Alexander Rødseth