[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] CAcert dropped from certificate bundle

Kyle kyle at gmx.ca
Wed Apr 2 08:43:53 EDT 2014

According to Daniel Micay:
# Until then, there are plenty of other certificate authorities with free
# certificates that are also included in every major browser / operating
# system. For example:
#
# https://www.startssl.com/?app=1

I initially became interested in CAcert not only because of its free
cost, but more importantly because they employ a web of trust community
of assurers for additional validation of certificates. I wasn't aware
that StartSSL provided such a validation mechanism, but it appears that
they do. I'll be taking a much closer look at this certificate
authority. Thanks.
~Kyle
http://kyle.tk/
--