[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] CAcert dropped from certificate bundle

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Wed Apr 2 18:10:59 EDT 2014

On 04/02/2014 04:44 AM, Neal Oakey wrote:
> What do you think? Imho we should keep follow Debian here. Other
>> solutions would be to patch it back in or ship a separate optional
>> package; though that might be impossible for nss.
>>
>> Greetings,
>>
>> Pierre

I usually agree with Pierre, but in this case "Why would we just want to follow
Deb?" Why not continue to provide CAcert with the info in this thread provided
as a proviso. No authority is perfect and dropping CAcert seems like a knee-jerk
response that accomplishes little for Arch or the users.

What would replace that dependency for curl and qt4, or would the functionality
just be lost?

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.