[arch-general] NVIDIA Corporation GF108GLM [NVS 5200M]

Bruno Widmann bruno.widmann at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 06:09:43 EDT 2014

Is this a dual graphics (Intel HD / nvidia) machine?

If yes, it can be quite tricky to get all 3 displays working. If you
are lucky then maybe everything works if you just select one of the
cards in the bios, but that is not the case if its anything like my
notebook where the digital output is physically connected to the
Nvidia card, while the analog VGA is connected to the intel.

The bumblebee article on the wiki might be what you will have to look
into. However, it is slightly out of date in the tripple-head section:
 * patching the xf86-video-intel package with the virtual-crtc is no
longer necessary, the needed functionality is now in the official
package.
 * Instead of the screenclone tool, you can use /usr/bin/intel-virtual-output