[arch-general] systemd-tmpfiles doesn't clean build root from /tmp

Lukas Jirkovsky l.jirkovsky at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 09:46:07 EDT 2014

Hey guys,
I've started using /tmp for building packages using extra-x86_64-build
(and similar). However, I've a problem with the /tmp/extra-x86_64 not
being cleaned on boot by systemd-tmpclean.

I have the following in /etc/tmpfiles.d/tmp.conf:

    # Clear tmp directories separately, to make them easier to override
    d /tmp 1777 root root 0d
    d /var/tmp 1777 root root 0d
    # Exclude namespace mountpoints created with PrivateTmp=yes
    x /tmp/systemd-private-*
    x /var/tmp/systemd-private-*
    X /tmp/systemd-private-*/tmp
    X /var/tmp/systemd-private-*/tmp

the problem is that while it seems /tmp gets cleaned to some extent,
/tmp/extra-x86_64/ is still there. What is worse, the root is not
usable either:

    ==> ERROR: '/tmp/extra-x86_64/root' does not appear to be a Arch chroot.

Any ideas?