[arch-general] svntogit stuck

Evangelos Foutras evangelos at foutrelis.com
Thu Apr 10 09:19:55 EDT 2014

On 10/04/14 14:55, Thomas Bächler wrote:
> Am 10.04.2014 06:23, schrieb Kevin Mihelich:
>> Both packages.git and community.git appear to be stuck again, with no
>> updates for the past day.
>>

>> On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 2:14 PM, Joel Teichroeb <joel at teichroeb.net> wrote:
>>
>>> packages.git looks fine to me now, but community.git is still stuck.
>>>

> I killed the lock file again, and now the log spits this out. Evangelos,
> what's going on here?
>
> ==> Updating 'packages' Git repository on Thu Apr 10 11:54:02 UTC 2014
>   -> Fetching changes from SVN
>     > git svn rebase command failed; skipping to next repository
> ==> Aborted updating 'packages' on Thu Apr 10 11:54:10 UTC 2014

Thomas, thanks for looking into it; I fixed the Git repo just now.

Generally it's not safe to remove the lock file without identifying the
reason the script failed. It's not a very robust script and the Git repo
can be left in an inconsistent state which would require manual rollback
of several package branches.

I pushed a change that should make it fail significantly less (gerolde
being unreachable for pushing has been the cause of failure 2-3 times now):

https://github.com/foutrelis/arch-svntogit/commit/ecc3090