[arch-general] Android support in Linux Arch

Daniel Micay danielmicay at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 02:53:38 EDT 2014

On 17/04/14 02:20 AM, Karol Babioch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am 17.04.2014 04:22, schrieb GSC:
>> You can just chown /opt/android-sdk and it will be easier to install api.
>
> Yeah, although I don't like the idea to "mess" around in /opt. Maybe it
> would be possible to introduce an "android" group, so it would be
> sufficient to add my user to this group?

I think it's best to just install it to your home directory without
involving the system package manager if you want to use the android
package manager for anything.

It's not sane to be giving users access to a directory in the PATH of
other users, especially root. Many people have a single user system
without a true non-administrator account, but packages need to be secure
in cases where this isn't true.