[arch-general] Problem with Wifi Connections (Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 4965 AG Connection)

Zack Gold zg at linux.com
Thu Apr 17 09:31:16 EDT 2014

Hi Sean,

I have been having issues connecting to a WiFi network on my laptop
lately as well, here's what I did to resolve the issue, which might
help in your case too.

I was having problems with netctl because it apparently is trying to
use dhcpcd in the wrong way, or is trying to take on the role that
dhcpcd plays. Maybe someone can correct me if I'm misinterpreting the
issue at hand. The way I resolved this issue was to revert back to
netctl-1.4-2, run `ip link set wlan0 down' (wlan0 is my wireless
interface), and then run `netctl enable wlan0-network' (wlan0-network
is my netctl profile).

Hopefully this helps,
Zack Gold