[arch-general] Android support in Linux Arch

Daniel Micay danielmicay at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 17:29:04 EDT 2014

On 17/04/14 05:22 PM, Karol Babioch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am 17.04.2014 08:53, schrieb Daniel Micay:
>> I think it's best to just install it to your home directory without
>> involving the system package manager if you want to use the android
>> package manager for anything.
>
> So you are managing all of this alone and don't use the packages in AUR
> at all? At least android-udev seems useful? Where do you store your SDK?
> Have you added something to your PATH? I'm just looking for good
> practices here, so thanks for any replies!

I use the AUR packages without touching the Android package manager at
all. If I did plan on installing stuff from there, I would just install
the SDK to my home directory and use a meta-package (no contents) to
handle the external dependencies. You can add user-specific
binary/library directories to PATH and the library search path (a fairly
sane usage of LD_LIBRARY_PATH).