[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] providing grsecurity in [community]

Nowaker enwukaer at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 21:06:00 EDT 2014

My reply to the arch-dev-public discussion.

> I'd say an unofficial repo is the way to go for the time being.
> linux-grsec in the AUR only has 44 votes, so it is not screaming out for
> inclusion in the repos.

Alan, please also include 64 votes for AppArmor and 19 for SELinux. It
sums up to 127. As Daniel said, everyone will be happy to drop their
AppArmors and SELinuxes to whatever the official repo will provide.

Anyway, votes have rarely been a reason for moving packages from AUR
into community. It seems we are now facing a situation where the number
of votes is a hard requirement for the package to make its way into
community. It has never been a case, and I hope it doesn't happen now.
Some TU is interested in maintaining linux-grsec, it won't affect
anybody else he claims, so I don't see what the big deal is.

--
Kind regards,
Damian Nowak