[arch-general] pacman and keys

Maximilian Bräutigam m at xbra.de
Tue Apr 22 07:32:48 EDT 2014

Am 22.04.2014 13:16, schrieb Heiko Becker:
> Am 22.04.2014 13:02, schrieb Heiko Becker:
>>> Hey,
>>>
>>> today I tried to update my system and got errors related to my pacman
>>> keys.
>>>
>>> As I have not been using my computer for a week I reinitialized the
>>> pacman key database and downloaded the arch linux keys with pacman-key
>>> --import archlinux.
>>>
>>> After that my libreoffice issues were solved, but now I get the
>>> following error:
>>>
>>> error: jre7-openjdk-headless: signature from "Guillaume ALAUX
>>> <guillaume at archlinux.org>" is invalid
>>> :: File
>>> /var/cache/pacman/pkg/jre7-openjdk-headless-7.u55_2.4.7-1-i686.pkg.tar.xz
>>> is
>>> corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
>>> Do you want to delete it? [Y/n] Y
>>> error: failed to commit transaction (invalid or corrupted package)
>>> Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.
>>>
>>> Can someone help me out?
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>>
>>> Heiko
>>>
>> Hi Heiko,
>>
>> did you try to remove and download the package again since it states
>> that the package is corrupted?
>>
>> # rm
>> /var/cache/pacman/pkg/jre7-openjdk-headless-7.u55_2.4.7-1-i686.pkg.tar.xz
>> # pacman -Syu
>>
>> Best,
>> Max
>
> As my full package intergity got lost, I first deleted the complete
> cache. And I always allowed it to remove the package when it asked for
> it. But somehow it worked now.
>
> But now I get the following error when doing conflict checks:
>
> error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
> kdelibs: /usr/include/KDE/K3ListViewSearchLine exists in filesystem
> kdelibs: /usr/include/KDE/K3ListViewSearchLineWidget exists in filesystem
> kdelibs: /usr/include/KDE/K3MacroCommand exists in filesystem
> kdelibs: /usr/include/KDE/K3MultipleDrag exists in filesystem
> kdelibs: /usr/include/KDE/K3NamedCommand exists in filesystem
> kdelibs: /usr/include/KDE/K3PopupMenu exists in filesystem
> kdelibs: /usr/include/KDE/K3Process exists in filesystem
> kdelibs: /usr/include/KDE/K3ProcessController exists in filesystem
> kdelibs: /usr/include/KDE/K3RFCDate exists in filesystem
> kdelibs: /usr/include/KDE/K3SpellConfig exists in filesystem
> kdelibs: /usr/include/KDE/K3SpellDlg exists in filesystem
> kdelibs: /usr/include/KDE/K3SpellingHighlighter exists in filesystem
> kdelibs: /usr/include/KDE/K3StaticDeleterBase exists in filesystem
> kdelibs: /usr/include/KDE/K3SyntaxHighlighter exists in filesystem
> kdelibs: /usr/include/KDE/K3URLDrag exists in filesystem
> kdelibs: /usr/include/KDE/K3Wizard exists in filesystem
> kdelibs: /usr/include/KDE/KAboutPerson exists in filesystem
> kdelibs: /usr/include/KDE/KAcceleratorManager exists in filesystem
> kdelibs: /usr/include/KDE/KAction exists in filesystem
> [...]

I do not know what when wrong here and you should wait for better help.
But if you are willing to force pacman to upgrade then make a backup and try

# pacman -S --force --asdeps kdelibs

"""
--asdeps
           Install packages non-explicitly; in other words, fake their
install reason to be installed as a dependency. This is useful for
makepkg and other build from source tools that need to install
           dependencies before building the package.

--force
           Bypass file conflict checks and overwrite conflicting files.
If the package that is about to be installed contains files that are
already installed, this option will cause all those files to
           be overwritten. Using --force will not allow overwriting a
directory with a file or installing packages with conflicting files and
directories. This option should be used with care, ideally
           not at all.
"""

Best,
Max