[arch-general] Android support in Linux Arch

Leonidas Spyropoulos artafinde at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 13:10:16 EDT 2014

Hello

On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 10:22 PM, Karol Babioch <karol at babioch.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am 17.04.2014 08:53, schrieb Daniel Micay:
>> I think it's best to just install it to your home directory without
>> involving the system package manager if you want to use the android
>> package manager for anything.
>
> So you are managing all of this alone and don't use the packages in AUR
> at all? At least android-udev seems useful? Where do you store your SDK?
> Have you added something to your PATH? I'm just looking for good
> practices here, so thanks for any replies!

I've been coding for Android for some time now. I found the
android-udev and android-tools packages very useful but apart from
that I've downloaded and "installed" locally the Android SDK and IDE
(Android Studio is my preference). I manage android updates separately
without the use of a package manager (or aur). As you understand I had
to specify the paths on my profile. The Android SDK is installed under
home (along with multiple jdk versions)

[...]

On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 5:28 PM, Anatol Pomozov
<anatol.pomozov at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As there is no strong consensus on what to do with Android development
> tools then I am going to leave the situation as-is. Arch users will
> keep either installing the packages using Android installer or by AUR
> packages.
>
> I am going to move packages android-tool and android-udev to
> [community]. These are small packages that many people find useful.

I agree with this approach.

Thanks,
Leonidas

--
Caution: breathing may be hazardous to your health.

#include <stdio.h>

--
Caution: breathing may be hazardous to your health.

#include <stdio.h>
int main(){printf("%s","\x4c\x65\x6f\x6e\x69\x64\x61\x73");}