[arch-general] Optimizing boot

Daniel Micay danielmicay at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 21:13:04 EDT 2014

On 29/04/14 09:00 PM, Toyam Cox wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 8:09 PM, Daniel Micay <danielmicay at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I read the wiki page today, actually. I have 1 root partition, and another
> for /usr and another for /var. / is /sda2, near the beginning of the
> physical disk.

That's going to take more time to deal with than a single partition, and
you're probably doing a pointless remount of / via fstab.

In my opinion, there's little advantage to splitting it up into pieces
now that we have the protected hardlink option enabled. If it's about
space usage, then quotas seem saner.

> How do I check what is depending on what? It seems it's only
> the multi-boot.target that waits for it...

Use `systemctl list-dependencies` on whatever service you're using to
log in (display manager, agetty).