[arch-general] Manual for Samsung Chromebook Needed

Bigby James bigby.james at crepcran.com
Fri Aug 8 13:25:06 EDT 2014

On 08/08, Jonathan Ryshpan wrote:
> I'm investigating installing Arch Linux on a Samsung Chromebook, model
> xe303c12-a01us, as described on the Arch Wiki page
>
>         https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Samsung_Chromebook_%28ARM%
>         29 .
>
> To do this it would be useful to have the user manual; unfortunately
> Samsung no longer provides it, though the Maintenance manual is
> available.  See:
>
>         http://www.samsungparts.com/PartsList.aspx?Catalog=Parts_and_Accessories&PartSearch=XE303C12A01US
>
> Can anyone tell me how to get a copy?
>
> BTW: Caveat Emptor!  Never buy anything till you are sure you can get a
> copy of the manual.  I never dreamed that this situation would arise.
>
> Thanks in advance - jon

What information do you believe is in the manual that you'd find useful during
installation? There may be other avenues for finding it (the information, that
is).

--
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely
foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams