[arch-general] makepkg breaks the build when building binaries manually doesn't

Florian Pritz bluewind at xinu.at
Mon Aug 11 06:56:46 EDT 2014

On 11.08.2014 12:07, arnaud gaboury wrote:
> ../src/.libs/libutils.a(
> libutils_la-cleanup.o): In function `guestfs___cleanup_xmlBufferFree':
> cleanup.c:(.text+0x79): undefined reference to `xmlBufferFree'

makepkg sets a couple environment variables that are listed in
/etc/makepkg.conf. By default this includes LDFLAGS="-Wl,--as-needed"
which I believe normally produces these kinds of errors. You'll have to
make sure that the gcc command that is run has all necessary -lfoo
arguments at the end of the command line (after the output file iirc).
So `gcc foo.c -o foo -lbar -lblub`

I haven't dealt with those in months so this information may not be
entirely correct.