[arch-general] Desktop Notifications

arnaud gaboury arnaud.gaboury at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 08:46:06 EDT 2014

kalu is used on my machine to manage AUR upgrades notifications. This
package has been working well until now. Notification pop-up doesn't
work.

In the mate desktop, when going to system > preferences > Notification
pop-up, clicking preview leaves me with this error:
Error while displaying notification: Error calling StartServiceByName
for org.freedesktop.Notifications:
GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Spawn.ChildExited: Process
org.freedesktop.Notifications exited with status 127

I have no idea how to solve it.

Note:
$ notify-send "test" doesn't show anything

Thank you for suggestions.