[arch-general] Unable to dual seat- one nvidia card- lightdm

arnaud gaboury arnaud.gaboury at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 03:01:59 EDT 2014

Even after lots of readings and many tries, I am not able to set up a
working dual seat configuration on my machine.
I have two users, two monitors, two mouses, two keyboard,
unfortunately one only nvidia card. But from what I read, it is
possible to have two users both logged  and sharing only the video
card.

My issues:
- I can not limit one user to one monitor. The screen uses the two monitots.
- Second user has a "double" task bar in his mate session. Everything
is repeated twice.
-First user log with lightdm with one only keyboard & mouse (second
pair is automatically dis activated). But for the second, I have to
Ctrl+Alt+Fn, then $ startx at login promp, or switch user with
lightdm. I guess it is not the expected behaviour.

Below are my settings.

/etc/X11/xrog.conf.d/15-seat.conf   (the only one xorg conf file).

Section "ServerFlags"
    Option         "AutoAddDevices"      "false"
        Option         "AutoEnableDevices"   "false"
        Option         "AllowEmptyInput"     "true"
        Option         "AllowMouseOpenFail"  "true"
        Option         "AutoAddGPU"          "false"
      Option         "DPMS"                "true"         # adding
Xinerama off does not change anything
EndSection

Section    "ServerLayout"
    Identifier    "layout-martinus"
    Screen 0    "Screen0"  0 0
        InputDevice     "Mouse0"         "CorePointer"
         InputDevice     "Keyboard0"      "CoreKeyboard"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier         "Keyboard0"
    Driver             "evdev"
    Option    "Device" "/dev/input/event17"
    Option    "GrabDevice"    "true"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier        "Mouse0"
    Driver            "evdev"
    Option         "Protocol" "auto"
    Option            "Device" "/dev/input/event18"
    Option        "GrabDevice"    "true"
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier     "Card0"
    Driver         "nvidia"
    VendorName     "NVIDIA Corporation"
    BusID              "PCI:1:0:0"
    Option         "NoLogo" "1"
    Screen            0
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier         "Monitor0"
        Option       "VendorName" "Unknown"
        Option       "ModelName" "Generic Autodetecting Monitor"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
        Identifier         "Screen0"
        Device             "Card0"
        Monitor            "Monitor0"
        Option             "NoLogo" "true"
        DefaultDepth    24
        Subsection      "Display"
                Depth   24
        EndSubsection
EndSection

Section    "ServerLayout"
    Identifier    "layout-loulou"
        Screen 1        "Screen1"  leftof "Screen0"
    InputDevice        "Mouse1"         "CorePointer"
    InputDevice        "Keyboard1"      "CoreKeyboard"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier         "Keyboard1"
    Driver             "evdev"
    Option    "Device"    "/dev/input/event0"
    Option        "GrabDevice"    "true"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier        "Mouse1"
    Driver            "evdev"
    Option            "Device"    "/dev/input/event4"
    Option          "Protocol" "Auto"
    Option        "GrabDevice"    "true"
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier     "Card1"
    Driver         "nvidia"
    VendorName     "NVIDIA Corporation"
    BusID              "PCI:1:0:0"
    Screen            0
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier         "Monitor1"
        Option       "VendorName" "Unknown"
        Option       "ModelName" "Generic Autodetecting Monitor"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
        Identifier         "Screen1"
        Device             "Card1"
        Monitor            "Monitor1"
        Option             "NoLogo" "true"
        DefaultDepth        24
        Subsection      "Display"
                Depth   24
        EndSubsection
EndSection

/etc/lightdm/loghtdm.conf
[LightDM]
minimum-display-number=0
minimum-vt=1
user-authority-in-system-dir=true

[SeatDefaults]
greeter-session=lightdm-gtk-greeter
greeter-setup-script=/usr/bin/numlockx on

[Seat:0]
xserver-layout=layout-martinus
xserver-command=/usr/bin/Xorg  # xorg : 0  does not change anything,
neither adding -sharevts

[Seat:1]
xserver-layout=layout-loulou
xserver-command=/usr/bin/Xorg -sharevts -noswitch  # xorg : 1 does not
change anything, neither removing, the -sharevts -noswitch arguments.

Thank you for any suggestion.

--

google.com/+arnaudgabourygabx