[arch-general] fstab and root filesystem

Temlin Olivér temlin at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 09:02:22 EDT 2014

Hello!

Sure, I've seen some distributions do this, go for it!
You can supply everything important in fstab through the kernel command
line: device => root; type => rootfstype; options => rootflags
Mount point, dump and fsck cannot be supplied, but even fsck is provided by
systemd-fsck-root.service.
Also mind that you can supply rw or ro for the rootfs to be mounted as
such, and that ext2/3/4 can store flags within itself, see -o under
tune2fs(8).

--
Oliver Temlin