[arch-general] fstab and root filesystem

Temlin Olivér temlin at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 12:16:49 EDT 2014

> Thanks a lot, Temlin! About root fsck, I guess it should be run from the
> initramfs...? AFAIK, rw-mounted filesystems must not be checked.

That's exactly what happens, see the service file: "ConditionPathIsReadWrite=!/"
So you proabably have to add the ro option (if that's not the
default), because systemd will remount r/w: systemd-fsck-root.service
is before local-fs.target which wants systemd-remount-fs.service, but
the man page for the latter mentions that it only runs entries that
exist under fstab.

I suggest you try it without an entry in fstab, both with ro and rw
and report your findings to the fstab page on the wiki.

--
Oliver Temlin