[arch-general] ibus

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Fri Dec 5 15:24:35 UTC 2014

On Fri, 05 Dec 2014 22:58:10 +0800, Felix Yan wrote:
> It was a dependency of gnome-settings-daemon until 3.10.2-3, when the
> ibus package was split and the dependency was updated to libibus.

I tested Mate and Cinnamon, they are still installed, but I don't use
them at the moment. Likely it was a dependency of one of those DEs.

[root at archlinux rocketmouse]# pacman -Q | grep gnome-settings-d
gnome-settings-daemon-compat 3.6.4-8
gnome-settings-daemon-nopulse 3.14.1-1
[root at archlinux rocketmouse]# pactree -r gnome-settings-daemon-nopulse
gnome-settings-daemon-nopulse
└─gnome-settings-daemon-compat
[root at archlinux rocketmouse]# pactree -r gnome-settings-daemon-compat
gnome-settings-daemon-compat
[root at archlinux rocketmouse]# pacman -Qi gnome-settings-daemon-nopulse gnome-settings-daemon-compat
Required By    : gnome-settings-daemon-compat
Optional For   : None
Conflicts With : gnome-settings-daemon
Replaces       : gnome-settings-daemon
Install Reason : Explicitly installed

Name           : gnome-settings-daemon-compat
Depends On     : gnome-settings-daemon
Optional Deps  : None
Required By    : None
Optional For   : None
Conflicts With : None
Replaces       : None
Install Reason : Installed as a dependency for another package

gnome-settings-daemon-compat is one of the packages pacman -Qdtq |
pacman -Rs - wants to remove, gnome-settings-daemon-nopulse isn't one
of those packages.

Perhaps something to do when doing the spring cleaning.